Giant Pumpkins NZ
How it started
I was given a giant pumpkin seedling to grow by my sister in 2008.
Looking for information I soon learned there was no NZ resource for growing giant pumpkins, I decided to build a website to help out other people.
The Websites Journey
The website started very simple and small and has had 3 major revisions on the design.
Content is always being added to the blog and small tweaks to what is included on the website are made weekly.
Lots of Pumpkin Fun
+ Blog Posts
+ Pages pages of Information
+ Pumpkin Events Visited
I’ve created free resources for giant pumpkin growers and people wanting to run their own giant pumpkin event.
A free email newsletter for giant pumpkin growers delivered multiple times throughout the year.
I created free event listings to help people find giant pumpkin events and help organisers with google searches.
I try and make to as many events as I can every season, say hello to other growers and spread the pumpkin word.
Future Plans for GPNZ
Visit More Events
- I want to visit more pumpkin events every year. Both here and overseas.
- I want to help capture these events in photos and video.
- I want to talk to people that want to take up giant pumpkin growing.
- I’m going to shoot more video around all aspects of giant pumpkin growing.
More Website Resources
- I’m going to continue updating the information on the website.
- Blog updates throughout the year on what I and other growers are up to.
- More resources for giant pumpkin growers and people wanted to run an event.
- My plan is to get more photos of events and cover them more in depth.
- I’m wanting to grow bigger giant pumpkins and increase my personal record.
- I’m wanting to try new products and techniques to help me reach heavier weights.
- Eventually, I want to get setup in my own place with a decent patch.
- I’m in the early stages of sorting out a pumpkin podcast, with the intended audience being worldwide.